Download Files Size:
Our Options Trading Course covers a number of core focus areas, including:
- Core Strategy for Options
- Long Term/Short Term Options Strategies
- Setting Up Your Options Trades
- “The Greeks”
- Practice on a Real Trading Platform
Most people who trade options think they can profit by ignoring price direction; this is why most Options traders are unsuccessful and lose money. The OTA Professional Options Trader Course incorporates a simple step-by-step trading/investment rule-based strategy with Options, giving you a powerful edge needed for success. Market Timing is the ability to identify key market turning points and strong market moves in advance with a very high degree of accuracy. Combining proper market timing with key Options tools and strategies taught in this course gives the Options trader the best chance at success, offering very low risk, high reward and high probability trading opportunities. The Professional Options Trader Course delivers this strategic edge by combining powerful step-by-step skill building lessons, hands on live market strategy sessions and key interactive lab exercises during this five day course. What you will learn in this class you will not find anywhere else or read it in any industry trading books.
Most people who trade Options think they can profit by ignoring price direction; this is why most Options traders are unsuccessful and lose money. The OTA Professional Options Trader Course incorporates a simple step-by-step trading/investment rule-based strategy with Options, giving you a powerful edge needed for success. Market Timing is the ability to identify key market turning points and strong market moves in advance with a very high degree of accuracy. Combining proper market timing with key Options tools and strategies taught in this course gives the Options trader the best chance at success, offering very low risk, high reward, and high probability trading opportunities. The Professional Options Trader Course delivers this strategic edge by combining powerful step-by-step skill building lessons, hands on live market strategy sessions, and key interactive lab exercises during this five day course. What you will learn in this class you will not find anywhere else or read it in any industry trading books.
Why trade the Options markets?
- Long term / Short term Strategies – Options offer unique directional debit and credit strategies that allow you to take advantage of long and short-term market moves.
- Leveraged Reward on Limited Risk – Options offer the ability to customize strategies, offering leveraged reward with limited risk
- Portfolio Protection – Options offer this much needed benefit which is a critical part of your financial future.
- Time – Options trading is not time intensive.
- Income Generation – Certain simple Options strategies offer consistent low risk income generation opportunities.
- OTA Core Strategy – Knowing price direction (market timing) is the single greatest edge for the Options trader as your competition doesn’t know how to do this properly.
This course is designed for students of all experience levels who are serious about trading like a professional Options trader.
Core Strategy, Online Student Orientation, Option pre-essential videos and the Platform Orientation are recommended pre-requisites for this course. No trading experience is required.
- Each day’s agenda contains powerful step-by-step interactive lectures led by a professional trader combined with multiple real-time lab trading and analysis sessions focusing on market analysis and trade execution.
- Maximum 25 person capacity providing individual attention from your instructor.
- Each student is provided a classroom computer where they learn in a hands-on environment.
- Students are provided trading workstations with real time data so they can practice strategy execution while under the guidance of a seasoned trader/instructor.
To clearly understand and properly execute OTA’s rule-based Core Strategy in order to attain short term income and long term wealth.
Detailed Course Outline
An introduction to basic Option Terminology and a review of the six-step Core Strategy Blueprint.
- Options Foundation
Understanding the proper Options terminology and step-by-step methodology for identifying high probability, high reward, low risk Options trades
- Why We Trade Options
Understand the benefits and fundamentals of risk and reward trading options. Who uses options and why and how we can start positioning ourselves with the professionals in all of our portfolios.
- Options Terminology
You’ll learn the language of options and options trading techniques using a state-of-the-art platform and live streaming data. You’ll build on the fundamentals before constructing several rule-based strategies for bullish, bearish and neutral markets. We show you how to choose the best options strategy for the direction the market is taking – giving you a true edge in options trading.
- Options Trade Blueprint
We don’t want you to skip a beat, or a step. Dive into the markets from the top, down where we’ll give you the proper steps to take when getting started in the options markets. Having a “blue print” for a simple rule based plan ensures the consistency you need when selecting your trades. This will also give us the information we need to analyze your successes and your failures, which is a necessary part of your business.
- Core Strategy Review: Supply and Demand
Supply and Demand is the foundation of all asset trades
- Step 1: Core Strategy 1 – Finding Quality Supply and Demand Zones
Learn the first three steps of Core Strategy (Set Curve, Identify Zones, and Check Trend)
- Step 2: Core Strategy 2 – Score and S.E.T. Trades
Learn steps 4 and 5 of Core Strategy (Score Trade and place Stop, Entry and Target on chart)
Options Trading is about having choices. There are many different strategies to choose from, but knowing which one is the right one to choose, takes knowing whether an option is overpriced, underpriced or fairly valued. We must know how to evaluate whether the markets are in a state of Calm or Panic and we do this through the use of our proprietary volatility tool for Options. Being on the wrong side of a volatility move can be devastating. Here we teach you how to time your entry into the market using proper volatility analysis, which determines the right Options strategy for the current market conditions.
- Learn about Odds Enhancers
- The Greeks
Getting into any option position is simple. Understanding why options prices fluctuate as they do, takes understanding the options Greeks. Here we teach you how and why the options react to ever changing market conditions and how to use the options Greeks to construct the right position for the any market condition. The key to any options trade is to be able to predict the future value of the options. You’ll now be able to make that prediction and understand how an option is expected to change in value due to time, changes in volatility and direction of the underlying.
- Step 3: Strategy Selection
Learn how to use volatility to help you select the appropriate options strategy to trade
- Step 4: Strike Selection
Understand where to place your Options strike price(s) using Supply and Demand
- Analysis Techniques
Understand the proper use of analysis techniques that most Market Speculators use the wrong way
- Step 5: Strategy Confirmation
Learn how to use Optionstation Pro® to confirm the rules of each option strategy
- Step 6: Risk-Reward (Profit/Loss Graph)
It’s imperative that we understand the potential risk and reward of any trade before entering. An options position graph is a visual representation of just that. Understanding options position graphs, position analyzers and how to use them will give us a deeper understanding of our risk and reward. You will also learn how to assess the likely profitability and probability of the trade and identify any unusual characteristics of an options trade using position graphs before you ever enter the trade.
- Step 7: Position Size
Learn how to set option trade position sizes based upon your own risk trading rules
- Step 8: Placing Orders
How to execute your trade plan and place your order using bracket orders
- Review the Options Trading Blueprint
It’s imperative that you understand how to not only set up trades for profit, but equally important learn how to manage and review your trades for confidence and consistency.
- Directional vs. Non Directional
How to utilize directional option strategies when the markets are trading up or down
- Directional Single Leg Debit Option Strategies:
Understand how to build and time Single-Leg Debit Options Trades for profit
- Long Call Strategy
How to buy a single leg option when the market is bullish
- Long Put Strategy
How to buy a single leg option when the market is bearish
- Multi-Leg Strategies
How to utilize Multi-leg Options Strategies for protection
- Directional Debit Multi-Leg Option Strategies:
Understand how to build and time Multi-Leg Debit Options Trades for profit
- Vertical Bull Call Spread Strategy
How to buy a Vertical Multi- leg option when the market is bullish
- Vertical Bear Put Spread Strategy
Buying a Vertical Multi-leg option when the market is bearish
- Directional Credit Multi-Leg Options Spreads
Understanding how to build and time Multi-Leg Options Credit Trades for income
- Vertical Bear Call Spread Strategy
Selling Vertical Multi-leg option spreads for income when the market is bearish
- Vertical Bull Put Spread Strategy
Selling a Vertical Multi-leg option spreads for income when the market is bullish
- Preparing to Trade
Utilizing various OTA resources to help you identify Options trading opportunities
- Options Trading Levels
Realizing brokers’ interests vs. your interests
- Prepare to Trade
Utilizing various OTA resources to help you identify Options trading opportunities
- Put it all together with Live Trading Labs
Setting up Options positions using the 8-step Options blueprint, as though you are on your own
- Test your Options knowledge and skills
Taking the Professional Options Course Final Exam