Download Files Size:
Learn how to use Visual Basic in Excel to automate your trading!
- Be able to trade and generate extra income even while you’re at work or away from the computer
- Understand the basics of the Interactive Brokers Excel API
- Learn how to build automation through sub procedures in Visual Basic
- Be able to automate any spreadsheet task with VBA
- Learn how to import data and do backtesting in Excel
- Download your own copy of Ranger 1.0
- Use Ranger1.0 to automate your own trading right away
- Understand the code in Ranger 1.0 and be able to customize it to fit your own ideas
- Add your own functions and algorithms to Ranger1.0
- Build YOUR OWN automated trading system in Excel from scratch
- You should already be familiar with Excel
- Trading experience is useful, but not required
- Computer, internet connection, Excel 2010 or newer, Microsoft Windows
- You will need $10,000 to open a margin account and $5,000 to open an IRA account with Interactive brokers.
In this course you will learn how to build trading automation in Excel, the most popular spreadsheet software on the market. In Excel, there are no limits to what you can build! You are limited only by your imagination! The course is built around learning Visual Basic for applications (VBA) and we’ll be examining a simplified version of the system I built for trading called Ranger1.0. We’ll use this system as an example to show you how to build your own automation. Every student will be able to download a copy of Ranger1.0 for their own use. By the end of the course you will understand the code that runs Ranger1.0 and be able to customize it to fit your ideas. You will also be able to use what you’ve learned to build your own automated system from the ground up, if that’s what you choose to do.
The focus of this course is on trading stocks. It is possible to trade futures, currencies, options, and bonds through Ranger1.0, but examples on how to trade these are not covered in detail. However, by the end of this course you will have enough knowledge in Visual Basic to be able to create your own custom automation to trade whatever you want however you want!
The sky is the limit! With excel you really can build just about anything you can imagine. This course will get you started using Visual Basic, even if you’ve never written any code before. You will learn how to automate the order life cycle, how to build timers, play sounds, record live data, do backtesting, and even how to build a decision making AI!
Finally, I will guide you through everything you need to know to set up an account with Interactive Brokers, how to set up the Excel API, and how to trade using a simulated “Paper” trading account. An Interactive Brokers account is required to receive live streaming data and to send orders, but even if you do not have an account, I will show you how to get historical data for excel that you can do backtesting on right away!
- Anyone interested in learning the basics of automated trading in Excel
- Anyone looking for ways to add automation to their trading routine
- Anyone who wants to build an automated trading system in Excel